This policy aims to explain clearly, and in plain language, some of the fundamental procedures and processes we have employed in order to protect your privacy, manage your personal information, and comply with the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988.
Personal Information is any information or an opinion about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained whether it is true or not, or whether it is recorded in a material form or not.
The kinds of personal information we collect and store will depend on how you engage with us.
Personal information about visitors to our website is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Collection of Information
We may collect information when you:
- Visit or view our website;
- update your online profile;
Where information is provided to us about someone else (such as one of your directors or employees or someone with whom you have dealings) you must ensure you are entitled to disclose that information to us and that we may use and disclose such information for the purpose it was disclosed to us.
Exchange of Personal Information with third parties
Personal information we collect from you may be disclosed:
to any entity to which we are required or authorised by or under law to disclose such information (for instance, Federal or State law enforcement agencies and investigative agencies, courts, various other Federal or State government bodies);
- to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
- to our retailers, distributors, manufacturers or business associates and others for purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected;
- to Narta management, personnel and related entities;
- to our professional advisors and other contractors (for example IT consultants and mailing houses); or
- with your consent (express or implied), to others.
If we use or disclose your personal information for a purpose (the “secondary purpose”) other than the main reason for which it was originally collected (the “primary purpose”), to the extent required by law, we will ensure that:
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection (and directly related in the case of sensitive information), and you would reasonably expect that we would use or disclose your information in that way; or
- you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
- the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted by law (for example, as a necessary part of an investigation of suspected unlawful activity).
Location of Personal Information
We do not, and do not presently intend to, disclose or transfer any personal information to overseas recipients with the exception of Narta in New Zealand. From time to time data may be held in the cloud or on development servers outside of Australia. This data may include personal information that is encrypted and not able to be associated with any particular individual. If at some point in the future this position changes, we will take reasonable steps to notify you.
Whilst we endeavour to provide a secure online environment, there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the internet and no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. We therefore cannot warrant the security of any information you provide to us over the internet and you provide us this information at your own risk.
We encourage you to play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any personal details used on our website. It is your sole responsibility to maintain such confidentiality and we will not be liable for any damage, loss or expense suffered due to such disclosure by you.
Use of Personal Information for Marketing Purposes
As part of the services that we provide to you, we may:
- Contact you occasionally to inform you about a product or service that we believe you might be interested in; and
- Use personal information that we have collected to identify a product or service that we believe will be beneficial to you.
You can however unsubscribe, opt-out, or make a request to not receive direct marketing communications from us by writing to us at Suite 3.02, Level 3, 19 Harris Street, Pyrmont, NSW, 2009, or by logging such a request through the website at any time. In addition, each direct marketing communication, including all emails and SMS, will include an unsubscribe or opt-out option which will immediately indicate to us that you no longer wish to receive materials of this kind. If you make a request not to receive direct marketing communications from us, we will stop sending you these materials.
You may request that we do not disclose your personal information to facilitate direct marketing by another organisation and you may request that we provide you with the source of any personal information we use for direct marketing purposes. Any such requests will be actioned within a reasonable time frame, and you will not incur charges for either making such a request, or from us actioning such a request.
Third party websites
Our website may contain links to third party websites and social media features that are hosted by a third party. We do not make any representations about third party websites that may be linked to our website and links to other websites do not constitute sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the information found on those websites by Narta. You should evaluate the accuracy, relevance and suitability for your purposes of any such information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites, and your interactions with any social media features are governed by the privacy policies and practices of the hosting entities.
Problems, Questions or Complaints
- For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's web site: http://www.privacy.gov.au/
- If you have any complaints in relation to the handling or use of your personal information, we ask that you please contact us. If your complaint is not satisfactorily managed, you have the right to take your complaint to the Information Commissioner. More information about the Information Commissioner can be found here: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy-portal/complaints_privacy.html
- To contact us about how your personal information is handled, update your personal information details, or for any concerns you may have on our approach to privacy please email email@example.com.